At Two Little Hens, we strive to offer top quality, name-brand items at prices moms love! Please follow the below guidelines when preparing your items for the sale as this will help ensure a pleasant shopping experience for everyone!
Brands we LOVE
- 4moms, aden + anais, Baby Gap, Baby Jogger, BOB, Britax, Burberry, Children's Place, ERGObaby, Gymboree, Hanna Andersson, Peek, Pottery Barn Kids, Janie & Jack, Joovy, Maclaren, Melissa & Doug, Mini Boden, Mud Pie, Old Navy, Pediped, Polo Ralph Lauren, Robeez®, Skip Hop, Sperry Top-Sider®, Splendid, Stride Rite, Tea Collection, The North Face, TOMS, Tucker+Tate, UGG® Australia, UPPAbaby
Items we WILL accept
- Clothing & Shoes: Infant, boys, girls, teen and maternity items. All must be less than 5 years old, excellent condition, clean and odor-free. We accept spring & summer items for the spring sale and fall & winter items for fall the sale.
- Baby furniture & equipment less than five years old
- Nursery accessories
- High quality, clean toys, books, games and DVDs (PG only)
- Sports equipment
- Nursing accessories
Items we DON'T accept
- Recalled items: Check here for recalled items
- Items with torn, broken, excessively wrinkled, missing or lost parts
- Battery operated toys without batteries
- Stuffed animals
- Bags of loose toys unless theme oriented
- Car seats
Instructions on preparing items to consign
- Purchase Avery White Marking String Tags, 1.75 inch x 1.09 inch. String tags may be purchased at stores such as Wal-Mart or online at Amazon.com.
- Gather and organize the items you are selling. It is best to organize your items by category, gender and size before you start tagging.
- Presentation is everything. Prepare your items by washing, ironing, repairing buttons, checking batteries and gathering loose pieces and cleaning toys. Items that are not in excellent condition and meet our guidelines will be returned.
- Group items together so they will equal a value of at least $3. For example, pajamas and onesies of the same size are great items to group in sets of 2 or 3.
- Hang clothing on plastic hangers - please no metal hangers! Child-size plastic hangers are best for children's clothes and adult plastic hangers for larger items. When looking at the front of the garment, all items should be hung with the hangers facing left, like a question mark.
- For pants, be sure to pin the waistband to the top of the hanger
- For two-piece outfits, pin items together to one hanger or rubber-band two hangers together
- Attach string tag to the item.
- CLOTHING: The string tag should be safety pinned to the top, right-hand corner when looking at the front of the garment on a clothes hanger.
- SHOES: Place a piece of tape on the bottom of each shoe & write consignor id and price on each piece of tape. Place shoes in Ziploc bag and seal with clear plastic packing tape. Safety pin the string tag to the Ziploc bag.
- CHILDREN'S BEDDING: Place bedding set together in clear plastic bag, seal the bag with clear packing tape. Safety pin the string tag to the clear bag and write your consignor id and price with a Sharpie on the outside of the bag. Shoppers also like a picture of the set or all items included in the set and make sure it can be seen without opening the bag.
- LOOSE ITEMS: Bottles, bibs, receiving blankets, rattles, socks, etc... should be grouped together appropriately and placed in a Ziploc bag and sealed with clear packing tape. Safety pin the string tag to the Ziploc bag and write your consignor id and price with a Sharpie on the outside of the bag.
- TOYS, FURNITURE, EQUIPMENT: Small parts must be bagged and attached securely to the main part. Books and small toys should be grouped accordingly and put in Ziploc bags and sealed with clear packing tape. Puzzles should be wrapped securely in clear Saran wrap to keep the pieces intact. Safety pin the string tag to the Ziploc bag and write your consignor id and price with a Sharpie on the outside of the bag.
- Register as a consignor & enter your items online for the sale. Follow our tagging guidelines when entering items online.